Sunday Scoop #7
Good evening! Please take a few minutes to read over this email since there are many important new things. I know it can be a lot, but with the season starting next week, there is a lot of information to cover.
If you are paying by check, please send payment by Friday, May 20. Make checks payable to Skyline Swim Team and send or deliver to Linda Piper, Skyline Swim Team President, 412 Glen Ridge Dr., Lancaster, Pa 17601
Pre-season practice at Manheim Township High School runs from May 23-June 3 (No practice on Memorial Day).
Here is the practice schedule:
8 and unders: 6-7 PM Tuesdays and Thursdays
9/10: 5-6 PM Tuesdays and Thursdays
11/12: 5-6 PM M, W, and F
13/14 BOYS: 6-7 PM M, W, F
13/14 GIRLS: 5-6 PM M, W, F
All Opens (15-18): 6-7 PM M, W, F
If you haven't signed up for meets yet, please take a moment to complete your swimmer/s availability. Not sure how to do this - here are some step-by-step directions:
- Sign in to the website and click on the Meets and Events Tab
- Click on Meets and Events - you will see a green tab next to each swim meet this season.
- When you click on the green tab, you will see your swimmer/s name. Click the Edit button and choose attending/not-attending for each swimmer.
- Finally click the Save Button.
- You will need to do this for every meet (swimmers ages 11-18 do not need to do this for the Ephrata Mini Meet)
- We especially need to know for the meets in June.
- You can also do this on the Swimtopia app. When you open the app, you will see a list of the events at the bottom of the screen and a question mark next to each meet. When you click on the arrow next to it, it will open up the event and then you should see a button that says Meet Signup. When you click that button, it will take you to the website and you can choose what your swimmer/s availability is for that event.
- If you are new to the team and aren't sure what meets to choose, for now - just choose Dual Meets. We can explain more at our first parent meeting.
Ephrata Mini Meet
Our first invitational is right around the corner, on June 4 in the morning. This meet is for swimmers from 5-10 years old. Skyline entries must be submitted by Monday, May 30. The younger age groups (9/10 and 8 and under) will have only had 2 practices at that point. If your swimmer is signed up for the Ephrata Mini Meet, coaches will decide if your swimmer is ready or needs more practice before being entered into meets. More information about this meet will come next week.
Stroke and Turn Clinic
This year's Stroke and Turn Clinic for adults who are interested in volunteering to be trained to be a Stroke and Turn Judge will be on Sunday, June 5. More information will come - but please mark your calendars now. We CAN NOT run a meet without multiple judges and the more trained and available - the better! If you are planning to attend this Zoom clinic, please email the team ([email protected])so we know who will be trained this season and we can forward the Zoom link to you.
Welcome Back Social
Our Welcome Back Social is scheduled for Tuesday, June 7 at 6:30. We are asking any families attending to bring a dessert to share. The team will be providing paper products and water in coolers. If you are not a member of Skyline Pool, please tell them at the desk you are there for the social. We will be in the grass area on the opposite side of the pool near the sheds. This will be a chance to meet new families, board members, and coaches and have some food, fellowship, and fun!
The Skyline Swim Team Board of Directors is run by volunteer parents. We are always looking for anyone who might be interested in joining to reach out and let us know of your possible interest. Currently we are looking for anyone who might be interested in joining two sub-committees to help plan the following events: Skyline Cup and the End-of-the-Year Celebration/Banquet.
As always, if you have any questions, you can contact me at our team email address: Linda Piper, Skyline Swim Team President @[email protected]
Have a great week everyone! It sure is beginning to feel like summer!