First Day Notes
Good evening families!
It was a great first day of practice. It was so nice to see kids back in the water. I posted a brief video and 2 pictures on the team's Facebook and Instagram pages.
At the end of practice, the coaches asked me to send out an email tonight with a few reminders/announcements.
1. Please have your swimmer bring a water bottle to every practice. It is important for them to stay hydrated.
2. Make sure your swimmer has put on sunscreen.
3. The water was warm today (earlier than usual!) We recommend Auro Dri Ear Drying Drops (you can purchase at any drugstore) to help prevent ear infections.
4. If you plan to stay at Skyline pool after practice is over, you can leave your chairs and towels, but you will need to go out of the facility and get in line to check-in.
5. I sent the first alert with the Swimtopia app this morning. The alert was to notify everyone that if you plan to stay at practices to bring your own chair. If you have the Swimtopia app you should have received a notification. If you did not receive it, please make sure your notifications are turned on for this app. If you don't have the app, you should've received it as an email. We are strongly encouraging everyone to download the app though because this will be how we send last-minute notifications (like weather-related information, etc.) Plus, you will be able to see what meets you have signed up for and it's an easy way to get to the website to sign up for volunteer and donations (more to come about both of those at the end of the week).
6. If your child is swimming at the Conestoga Valley Invitational on Saturday, you will receive a separate email with an updated meet entry report with relays listed.
7. Lead Crew - Jack spoke to everyone today about signing up. If your swimmer was not there or they missed signing up - here are the links.
Link for volunteers to track hours